During your stay in Okinawa, please feel free to discuss your conerns with your colleagues, supervisors, and other JETs. Should you feel the need to reach out for any type of counseling or support, below is our current list of resources. It will be updated as well get more information. If you have any additional resources, please contact either one of the PAs at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
– PSG is there for anything from figuring out a confusing rice cooker to serious culture shock and more serious emergencies.
– You’ll need to add the “AJETPSG” to your contacts in order to call it, but PSG will never add you back.
– All calls are completely confidential, and call records are deleted each evening.
– This is still a new service, and despite our best efforts technical glitches may occur. It may take a few moments to connect, and please keep trying if you’re unsuccessful.
– Finally, if you’d like a greater level of anonymity, or Skype isn’t working for you, the PSG phone line is still available at 050-5534-5566.
CLAIR Information Desk
03 5213 1733
9:00 – 17:45 Monday – Friday
The CLAIR Information Desk is run by JET Programme Coordinators (PC). PCs are all former JETs. They can be contacted by your contracting organization or host prefecture for consultation or assistance in finding professional counseling.
IMHPJ: International Mental Health Professionals-Japan
TELL (Tokyo English Life Line)